This is a business information system intended to manage the specific business operations in a company that offers translation services. Their customers are TV channels, and the company translates their TV shows.
The translation process consists of several steps: translation, lecturing, title syncing and final validation. Each of these steps can be assigned to different types of employees, and naturally, employee’s salaries and the invoiced amounts to their customers depend on the completed work.
The information system is consisted of several modules which are described below.
- Customer management. This module is for managing customer’s data and information about channels, TV shows and episodes that should be translated. There is an interface for import of new data from multiple formats.
- Employee management. This module is for managing employees’ data and tasks.
- Task management. This module is used for control of tasks.
- Invoicing. Generating invoices for customers based on completed work, as well as generating salary reports for employees.
- Analytics. Provides analytical tools that provide managers insight into the company data: displays profits in time periods and generates reports, finds profitability of customers and suggests applicable discounts and promotions to stimulate profit, finds idle/hardworking employees etc.
The information system has stimulated company’s growth by increasing their employees’ efficiency.
- Visual Basic
- Web applications in ASP .NET, MVC 2, MVC 3
- Windows forms applications
- .Net 2, 3, 3.5, 4
- SQL Server 2000, 2005, 2008